Is LEAD Derby for me?
If you live or work with other humans, LEAD Derby is for you! Years of study and research by the Kansas Leadership Center has shown when people learn how to exercise leadership effectively, progress can be made on difficult challenges. The curriculum used in LEAD Derby will teach people new skills that change the way problems are solved. The skills learned will apply to many areas of your life while engaging with others at work, on committees, boards, and even family members.
What will I learn?
LEAD Derby class members will gain a new appreciate for engaging differently and will learn how to:
- Work effectively with others in order to make progress on an issue, project or goal.
- Make good decisions by recognizing competing values and different points of view.
- Deal with conflict by understanding challenges, uncertainty and potential loss.
- Identify behaviors in others and in yourself that could affect the outcome of a situation.
- Distinguish the difference between technical and adaptive work.
- Behave professionally by identifying strengths, vulnerabilities and triggers.
- Identify the difference between leadership and management.
What are the requirements for participating in LEAD Derby?
Participants must agree to attend all sessions and come with an open mind to learn and engage for the benefit of all participants. Participation is open to anyone living, working or volunteering in the Metro area. A variety of participants from different walks of life enhance the experience for everyone.
How much does it cost?
The LEAD Derby fee is $300 per person, which includes the books When everyone leads and the KLC Guidebook. Payment plans are available. We will purchase your books and have them available.
LEAD Derby is a Community Leadership Program presented by the Derby Chamber of Commerce and supported by the Kansas Leadership Center. LEAD Derby alumni have access to Kansas Leadership Center classes and conferences at reduced or no cost.
For additional information, contact the Derby Chamber of Commerce at (316) 788-3421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Course Schedule
Course Times: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Class # 1 - Wednesday, February 22
Class # 2 - Wednesday, March 1
Class # 3 - Wednesday, March 8
Class # 4 - Wednesday, March 22
Class # 5 - Wednesday, March 29
Class # 6 - Wednesday, April 5
Security 1st Title -- Snacks