Effective leaders must have knowledge and understanding of how to exercise leadership to build better businesses, organizations and communities.
A diverse group of up to 20 people will be selected to participate. Participants must agree to attend all sessions and come with an open mind to learn and grow for the benefit of all participants.
Anyone who lives, works or does business in Derby, KS is eligible to participate in LEAD Derby. Tuition is $300 per person and can be paid by a business, organization or individual. The tuition fee includes Your Leadership Edge book and materials. Payment plans are available.
Years of study and research by Kansas Leadership Center faculty has shown leaders of today must possess a number of skills and competencies to be effective at exercising leadership. These skills are valuable for any relationship, whether it be co-workers, committees, boards, organizations or in the classroom. LEAD Derby class members will learn how to:
- Work effectively with others in order to make progress on an issue, project or goal.
- Make good decisions by recognizing competing values and different points of view.
- Deal with conflict by understanding challenges, uncertainty and potential loss.
- Identify behaviors in others and in yourself that could affect the outcome of a situation.
- Distinguish the difference between technical and adaptive work.
- Behave professionally by identifying strengths, vulnerabilities and triggers.
- Identify the difference between leadership and management.
LEAD Derby is a Community Leadership Program presented by the Derby Chamber of Commerce and supported by the Kansas Leadership Center. LEAD Derby alumni have access to Kansas Leadership Center classes and conferences at reduced or no cost.
For additional information, contact the Derby Chamber of Commerce at (316) 788-3421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Course Schedule
Course Times: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Class # 1 - Wednesday, February 23
Class # 2 - Wednesday, March 2
Class # 3 - Wednesday, March 9
Class # 4 - Wednesday, March 23
Class # 5 - Wednesday, March 30
Class # 6 - Wednesday, April 6